We are a citizen group who are meeting the Climate change crisis on a regional and national level. Our activities are built on three pillars, education, outreach and partnering with legislators to implement effective legislation.
Latest Activity: Feb 3
Ever feel like really stopping global climate change is just too much to deal with? The good news: President Obama wants to do something about Climate change and we just elected Jay Inslee Governor. Jay wrote the book on what needs to be done http://www.apollosfire.net/. These leaders can make things happen only if citizens are involved pushing the issue.
In the coming months we have achievable goals that will make a difference:
1) Get involved with the Coal Train issue http://www.powerpastcoal.org/
2) Write your state reps and ask them to support the region clean energy economy see for details and bill number see http://environmentalpriorities.org/clean-energy-initiative
1) Get involved with the Keystone XL pipeline issue http://www.350.org/en/stop-keystone-xl/
2) Ask our national reps for national Carbon Pricing
3) Ask the President Obama for a trilateral climate agreement between the US, India and China to reduce combined green house gas emissions such that global climate can be stabilized by 2025.
For more back ground information please see:
The scoop in print: Start at home with Washington State information then branch out from there:
Road map for a new National Energy Policy:
The new economy:
Very useful mag=Scientific American Earth3.0
The scoop on film:
President Obama: “We will respond to the threat of climate change, knowing that the failure to do so would betray our children and future generations. …The path towards sustainable energy sources will be long and sometimes difficult.But America cannot resist this transition; we must lead it.” January 21st, 2013
Started by Arvia Morris Feb 3.
Started by Arvia Morris Jan 9, 2012.
Started by Fran Koehler Apr 14, 2010.